Winner, winner…Marcy Shuler!!!
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Sophie Jordan is known for writing deliciously sexy historicals as well as the YA series, Firelight. But did you know she also writes paranormals under the name Sharie Kohler?
Wow! I am so in awe of you, Sophie!
Today our hugely talented guest is sharing Five Fun Facts about the first book in her Forgotten Princesses series, WICKED IN YOUR ARMS. I love the whole idea of princesses who need to take their rightful places, don’t you? Please give Sophie a warm welcome and leave a comment for a chance to win an e-book copy of her book as well as a copy of my own IF YOU GIVE A GIRL A VISCOUNT.
Wicked In Your Arms
The Forgotten Princesses
July 26, 2011
One of the most notoriously eligible bachelors in Europe is finally ready to marry . . .
For fiercely independent Grier Hadley, being the illegitimate daughter of one of London’s most unsavory characters has only one advantage: an enormous, ill-gotten dowry.
Prince Sevastian Maksimi knows where his duty lies: he must find a well-bred young lady-one with a considerable fortune to her name-wed her promptly, and get to the business of producing an heir.
The last thing Grier needs is some unattainable prince curling her toes with his smoldering glances and wicked suggestions. As far as Sev is concerned, she lacks the breeding to become a princess. And yet one kiss from this arresting female is all it takes for him to realize that anyone else in his arms would be unthinkable . . .
5 Fun Facts about WICKED IN YOUR ARMS:
1. WICKED IN YOUR ARMS is a stand-alone book, part of the Forgotten Princesses series. The idea for the Forgotten Princesses series is based upon a Chinese folk tale called The Beggar Princess. I just didn’t think that the “Beggar Princesses” series sound quite sexy … so … I came up with the “Forgotten Princesses”.
2. The heroine of this book is an orphan from Wales and a former “game master”. She’s more comfortable in trousers than a dress.
3. This is a fish out of water story! The heroine’s true birth father, who happens to be filthy-rich, claims her and brings her to London. She’s a definite “misfit” among members of the ton.
4. The hero is a prince from the fictitious country of Maldania. Gotta love a prince!
5. He’s looking for a filthy-rich heiress to help his impoverished country.
Leave a comment to be entered to win an ebook copy of WICKED IN YOUR ARMS by Sophie Jordan and a signed copy of IF YOU GIVE A GIRL A VISCOUNT. Giveaway open to US/CA. Ends 3/1.
If you’ve found this post on Kieran’s Goodreads page, click here to leave a comment.
Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.
A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature – teaching English seemed a natural choice. After several years teaching high school students to love ANTIGONE, Sophie decided it was time to pursue her long-held dream of writing. Two years later, she landed her first publishing contract.
Her first book, ONCE UPON A WEDDING NIGHT, was a 2006 Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Nominee for Best First Historical. Her second novel, TOO WICKED TO TAME, released in March 2007 with a bang – landing on the USA Today Bestseller’s List. A few books later marked her first appearance on the New York Times bestseller list with the release of IN SCANDAL THEY WED.
And as if she’s not busy enough, Sophie writes young adult fiction for HarperTeen and contemporary paranormals for Pocket. Sophie resides in Houston with her family and loves to hear from readers. To learn the latest information about Sophie and her books, follow her on facebook and twitter.
Claiming your prize: Winner will be contacted via email and will have 7 days to reply, or a new winner will be chosen.