Winner, winner…Josette Schaber!!!
Donna Grant is a dynamo! This NYT and USA Today bestselling author sold her first novel while displaced by Hurricane Rita in 2005. And she’s been going nonstop ever since, taking the publishing world by storm with her Dark Sword and Dark Warrior series. All told, she’s written over 40 books and novellas spanning multiple genres. I’m proud that we have the same publisher and am always inspired by how much Donna cares about her fans. She’s even holding two reader events in 2013, one in Nashville and one in San Francisco.
I’m so glad she’s with us here this week. It’s with great pleasure that I present you with a fabulous excerpt from Midnight’s Lover, followed by Donna’s 5 Fun Facts (which I truly loved), and a giveaway, too. Speaking of giveaways, Donna did an amazing 12 Dark Days of Christmas giveaway at her blog–second year in a row!! Make sure you make her website a favorite so you can stay in touch with what she has going on there in 2013.
Dark Warrior #2
June 26, 2012
Defenders against evil. Bound by the gods. The Dark Warriors are taking their battle from ancient Scotland to the modern world—where a woman’s love can set them free…
A WARRIOR’S PASSION
Driven by the fierce god within him, Highlander Ian Kerr is sworn to fight for the land he loves—and the brother he lost. But when he’s magically transported four centuries into the future, he finds himself fighting his own desires—for a beautiful, bewitching woman who could hold a warrior spellbound…
A WOMAN’S MAGIC
Danielle Buchanan has heard the legends. She has felt the power of Druid blood in her veins. But she has never known a man as fearsome—or as haunted—as the warrior Ian. With her magic, Dani must help him battle an ancient evil. With her heart, she must join him in his quest. But only with her soul can she free him from his curse…and seal their fates together.
5 Fun Facts About MIDNIGHT’S LOVER:
1. The book was already written and set 1600s Scotland when my publisher asked me to think about switching things up and time travel the heroes to modern day.
2. I listened to several movie soundtracks while writing MIDNIGHT’S MASTER (Thor, Clash of the Titans, & King Arthur).
3. When I rewrote MM for contemporary paranormal, I got to add in so many fun things I experienced after a recent trip to Scotland, like traveling the very, very narrow roads.
4. I had no idea I was going to have so much fun writing my immortal Highlanders into modern day situations like discovering what a razor was.
5. For the first time I got to write “y’all” in the book and not have to make myself change it since the heroine is from Texas!
Leave a comment to be entered to win a copy of MIDNIGHT’S MASTER by Donna Grant and a signed copy of IF YOU GIVE A GIRL A VISCOUNT. Giveaway open to US/CA. Ends 1/4.
If you’ve found this post on Kieran’s Goodreads page, click here to leave a comment.
Claiming your prize: Winner will be contacted via email and will have 7 days to reply, or a new winner will be chosen.